We’ve been able to share so much more with your help and generosity... A special thanks to...
Alan and John for donating the laptops for the school!!
Nili and Friends for the watertank for the orphanage!!
The UR1 Team for helping set-up the chicken and fish farm at the orphange!!
NCJW for the new clothes for all the kids at the orphanage!!
OfficeWorks for the Sports Day ribbons at the school!!
Mary and Tony for sponsoring one of the kids at the orphanage!!
Bec and Chris for sponsoring one of the kids at the orphanage!!
The UR1 Customer Care team for sponsoring on of the kids at the orphanage!!
And if you’d like to share some our experience hands-on, here are some useful links –
* Savong’s School can be found at http://www.savong.com/
* Savong recommends staying at Sor Phoun Villa, http://www.sorphounvilla.com/
* Our Guest House, Mekong Angkor Palace, website is http://www.mekongangkorpalaces.com/
* On-line Cambodia Visa application is quick and saves standing in lines on arrival... www.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx
* Our regular Tuk-Tuk driver, Songnam, speaks a very good English and is very reliable – his mobile phone number is +855-17-296-269
* In Cambodia, we bought pre-paid SIM cards for our mobile phones – calls overseas are 9-15 cents per minute and in-coming calls are free. The company we found with the best/most consistent coverage is MetFone – prepaid SIM cards can be found at any of the numerous phone-shop-fronts or food/drink vendors. The cards can also be topped-up during your stay.
* Using a local travel agent for flights/buses within Cambodia is inexpensive and keeps the money 'local' - a reliable travel agent we used is Easy & Fast Air Ticket - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ; +855-63-767-767, +855-765-168, +855-92-555-518, +855-17-555-518
Other than that, feel free to drop a note to Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org or Aviv at email@example.com
We’ll be back in Cambodia – with another blog – in September 2010!! :))
Steph with Savong...